Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 08, 2024, 12:06:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion: Alliances  (Read 4001 times)
Linkrift
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:46:09 PM »

What's everyone's opinion on these suggestions for Alliances:
1. During a "Revenge" period (24 hours) alliance can send a combined fleet.
2. Base - Each alliance is granted a base that can be placed in a system that will defend it's players and attack anyone not in a "truce" with that alliance.
3. Dues - 10% (changeable by Leader) of every mission reward goes into the Alliance's base to be used for better defenses or to resupply Alliance members.
4. War - If one Alliance attacks another's base, the groups are combined (similar to the Revenge idea)
Report to moderator   Logged
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »

1: I think that would be cool, but only against other alliances and not single players, unless the single player is overly strong (ie, top ten attacks a training alliance...training alliance can all attack back that one player cause he is ---% of their total power or something....)
2:I don't think you should be granted a base but you have to build it, maybe everyone can pitch in?
3: I don't think many members would like the taxes idea..... although maybe if they went towards research or module construction of a base that the entire alliance puts together then i can see it working out
4:I can see this making the war server ever the more interesting.....

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 08:51:06 PM »

1: i agree with satan
2: i agree with satan but i think that youshould be given options as to what kind of base it is (planetoid, shipyard, deathstar etc)
3: i agree with satan but maybe a portion of taxes could be set aside for weekest alliance member (sort of like a charity)
4: perhaps war could utilize a moral system similar to that seen in other mmo's

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 01:39:04 AM »

hmm.. i lke teh choosing what kind of base...but you hsould be able to start samll and upgrade it as neccasasry... kinda like building a allaince mother ship i supppose

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 06:13:10 AM »

i like the idea of 10% of every mission goes into an alliance bank, this bank suld only b for the leader to give to the members he wants to, i also think that the players of the alliance could choose if they wanted to contribute to this bank or not and they suld also b able 2 put a larger amount in, if he wanted to he could put every cent he earns into the alliance to help out members, i think that it suldnt just come out of missions tho, it suld b takes from all the income the members get

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 01:08:13 PM »

I like the idea of an alliance being more than just a group of people but anything in which a big person can put creds, segs, ships, etc. into and a small person can take out of is easily abused

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 05:12:39 PM »

yes, it should be an equal % distribution , like every player gets 10% if tehy lose X # of ships on a mission...kina like an insurance fund. Or teh allaince leader can distribute only a max of 5% a day or something to every player, not counting themselves...if the leader has contorl over teh funding then its probly best if he dont get any lol  (and i DO lead an allaicne...haha it would just be too tempting 16)

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »

maybe combine it with the free market suggestion also in this forum branch in that there could be restrictions on how big people could suport people but they could be broken for increased bounties or sumtin?

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 06:12:04 PM »

I would rather see an alliance fund that will be used to build system fleets for the alliance bases, they cant be used for anything but that. or to invest in an alliance base that ups all in the alliance.  this would have to cost a great deal. but the allainces base you would be able to up all members abilities the alliance leader would be in control of which abilities are uped and thus a good leader will me needed, thus making alliances more than just a group of people but a huge alliance base where other alliaces could time and attack that base to take it down, increasing the need for PVP and alliance coorperation.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 07:34:31 PM »

Im going to agree with frank. I think that if the alliance fund can only be used for alliance based things, it would prevent abuse. But it creates the problem of a single dominant alliance. However, if you limit to 1 base and limit the bonuses to defensive bonuses, or possible economic, the base would become a castle. Weaker enemy alliaces would move away and the turn cost would discourage alliances from constantly pounding an enemy alliance. You would of course, need to be able to move your base. I'm thinking that to move your base, it completely restarts without upgraded bonuses. Well, maybe not completely restarted, maybe 66% or something. If your base is destroyed, the leader can make a new one with 50% bonuses. Every alliance would get one in a random location upon creation.

Also, you would need a purpose to having an alliance base. I think that if it gave 3x to hp and 25% less marine loss in defending against boarding (or something along these lines) it would be beneficial to smaller players. You would get the bonus only if you were in the same system. Also, you could place creds into your own personal account that would give 2x the interest, for larger players. You would need to return to the base to withdraw them. Also there could be a decrease in mining turn cost in the quadrent the base is located in. The quadrents could be set in in a way that there are rich areas the further you get out from a starting point.

For attacking another alliance base, you would get a percentage of the creds stored in the base, maybe 25% from each account.  25% of that would go to your alliances treasuery to upgrade your own base and the rest would be split by the members based on the percentage of fleets they contributed to the alliance fleet. This fleet could be controlled by the leader and used both to defend the alliance base and attack other bases only. Instead of turns used to move the fleet, it could  take real time, like 1 min a normal turn.

I guess upgrades would take creds or minerals, probably not turns because then you could make alts and dump their turns in. You could increse intrest or hp bonus or other defensive things
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 02:20:03 AM by thezerg » Report to moderator   Logged

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: