Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 10:58:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Apology to donators  (Read 3400 times)
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2007, 07:23:59 AM »

Hi guys... as you know I have been saying stuff about donations and people who dnate and all that... it would seem that I have offended quite a few people and for this I would like to apologise. sorry guys...  wounded1 at the time, I was forgetting that without donations people would not have the game of SO to play... I myself used to donate quite heavily but I stopped... because as I see it, I was wasting loads of dollars on something I was getting nothing out of... I REALLY, REALLY didnt mean to offend so many people and start wars and stuff especially didnt want to get my alliance involved as they are all noobs... I hope you will accept my apologies... and I am willing to accept punishment from attacks and stuff... cheers for reading guys... let me know what you think  6
Report to moderator   Logged

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
BadGuy
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 12:15:08 PM »

I understand your position completely.  When I first started a couple rounds ago I did the same but have been doing it a lot less lately as I've come to enjoy the social aspects of the game more as I've made friends here and spending money on battling and warring all the time just does not seem to make sense to me as no one really wins.

The only bad part about it is when donaters ruin the game for others and chases new players away, then no one wins, as the only way for SpaceO to grow is to attract new players to the game.
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 07:08:30 PM »

donations mean nothing if you dont know how to play the game in the first place..thats why you got nothing out of it laugh   harhar

Peace And Happy Hunting
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 02:50:06 AM »

Hey drak thanx for respond ing without losing your rag 16  laugh I was a noob when I was donating and guess I still am a bit of a noob  16

cheers  19

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Dont blame my main
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »

I could now stand here and go complaign about the fact that I would think to know that everyone above me donated even more then I did. Or I could admit there are better skilled players then I am.

Personally I believe the second one, donations do not make the difference in ranking but skill does.
The-Joe
Corporal

Aliens got me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 05:02:38 PM »

I would say that skill get's you in top 50, diplomacy and alliance get's you in top 30 and gold account & donations MAY get you in top 10. Without gold&donations, and unless protected by a strong alliance and with VERY good diplomacy, there is no way to get in top 10 right now, except putting up zilions of pws but that's just beeing an ambitious bubble gum.

Getting in top 10 is not everything, unless you want-it to be.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »

I have gold and donated a full 5 dollar this round to my own acount ;)

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: