Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 30, 2024, 11:12:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: me retirement from SO  (Read 7308 times)
wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2007, 01:23:11 PM »

the day i get muted for saying bull c r a p is the day i say goodbye. too many games out there to worry with the one that tries to change my beliefs on what is cussing. if your lost on that subject then check out abuse topic. i didn't beleive seither but with foo saying it's against the rules then i believe it. so no need to wait on emi to make this post. take care all and it's been loads of fun!
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 01:27:49 PM »

you are posting the word with spaces here to prevent it from being filtered wolfy, that should be proof enough. There should be no needfor me to prove myself to you, I'm a mod, I'm governed by stricter rules then you.

No one, or even the game, is trying to change what you believe is cussing, but we are trying to get you to obey the rules that were made.

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »

its sad to see you go Alvin  2 

Peace And Happy Hunting
Russell
Lance Corporal

in game name is Nexis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:56:28 PM »

later dude

nexis and master9q9
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »

All I can say is Monkey was quick to give that mute, it was wrong and I cleared the mute list, it was not my intention to upset any players by making that feature, it was for protecting them.

Monkey you should know that I admire everyone of the players that made Top 10, they are the best and deserve to be treated as such, and if they made it that far, they should be allowed more comments (including saying c r a p now and then), as they have proven themselfs as worthy. And for the others Top 100 is is admirable also  1

Oh well, hope you change your mind, with all the new expansions in the near future...

God Speed!

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 04:27:47 PM »

Wolfy I know that crazy filter is a bit overboard,  for instants it changes co ckpit  to thingy pit.  It is an aggressive filter. maybe E should look into a differnt filter.  some of that filter goes way to far.  But please dont leave because of the aggressive filter.  and Luffy I know you are trying to do what is TOS but come on Cr ap please that is not a reason to mute a person. The filter was installed to stop the commonly obseen stuff and the mods were put there to keep peace from constant abuse, Not to be chat nazies. everyone slips every once in awhile, Myself included.  that is for constant abuse, you request that some one refrain please then when they continue you mute them for a bit to let them cool down.  the chat mods are to prevent abuse not a mistake every once in while.  I say that maybe we get someone to modify the filter to not be so aggresive. becaue it is kind of ridiculous

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 05:28:46 PM »

I was merely following what the filter edits here on the forum. And from now, I'll treat anone who makes/has made the top ten with an extreme amount of allowance. i don't feel this is fair to other players, but that's not my call. And I always warn people before muting them.

And gunfighter, the filter isn't aggressive, it's the forum one that is, which is what I used to judge what is deemed accepable to say. And I do allow people to slip up gunfighter, however, when I issue a warning telling you to watch your language and you do NOT do that, I am allowed to mute you. This is what I did to both wolfy and drakken. They were both warned and cr ap was not the only thing that was said by both of them.

But from now on Emi, all players are alowed to cuss in my presence ithout fear of mute. I refuse to treat the top ten, who are looked up to and should be under stricter scrutiny, anydifferent then the rest of th players of SO. And since people want to bring the chat filter itself into this, if the filte doesn't block it, I REFUSE to mute for it, no matter what it is. So if a commander tarts cussing you out, accusing you of donaing an al that oher stuff, you're going to have to deal with it, becuause unless the filte bloacks something in it, I'm not punishing the person, period. Not until Emi lays down clear ground rules that EVERYONE agrees too. And, seeing as spam isn't filtered nor clearly defined, don't expect any mutes from that either. I am tired of doing my job, and getting accused of abusing my power, cheating, and above all else, favoritism.

So Emi, ifyou want me to start doing anything with te cat fltring, I advise you write out some rules for everyone to ee about what is or is not acceptable in the chat. Because until the, everything I do can be considered abusing my power, and I'm sick of people complaining about it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 05:40:07 PM by Monkey D. Luffy » Report to moderator   Logged

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 06:06:04 PM »

All I can say is Monkey was quick to give that mute, it was wrong and I cleared the mute list, it was not my intention to upset any players by making that feature, it was for protecting them.

Monkey you should know that I admire everyone of the players that made Top 10, they are the best and deserve to be treated as such, and if they made it that far, they should be allowed more comments (including saying c r a p now and then), as they have proven themselfs as worthy. And for the others Top 100 is is admirable also  1

Oh well, hope you change your mind, with all the new expansions in the near future...

God Speed!

So your saying that ppl whos been in top 10 should be allowed to use worse words then others?? i really cant see the logics in that...

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 06:41:18 PM »

i do not belive someone should be muted for cussing in the chat, the mute is only for people who spam the chat (like 100's of smiles or such) or people who overaly cuss (every other word) just to piss people off

the spaceo chat is often used as a fourm of communication between people, if sometimes each person is on the other side of an agurement and it gets to the point of cussing and insults i still dont not think people should be muted for it, its overboard..

mutes is for spam and people (like that guy a while back that wanted to make an island have kids and rape them...) that are just wronge, nothing is wrong with cussing, all muteing people for everything they say shows is that Emi placed the wronge people in as moderators and there abuseing there powers by showing off every little thing they can do. if people (like Monkey) use there powers for every little insult they should be the ones to lose there powers, just like snipe lost his powers for muteing every insult..

we dont want moderators that abuse there power and "show off" at every chance they can get, muteing is for only the most extreame cases..

therefore all i have to say to monkey is f**k off, and get a real life before you go bossing around people.. if you cant grow up and have to bully people with mod powers on a game to make yourself feal better then i dont think you should have the powers

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 08:24:44 PM »

Most times a warning will suffice as many times ppl just get worked up and something slips out that was unintentional, but a chat moderator has to be able to differentiate between what is being said as a joke betwwen ppl in a conversation and something being said just to tick someone off.

You cant just log into the middle of a conversation, see something you dont like and start muting. Wasnt it something like this that got snipedragon? Going overboard with the mute?

Wolfy, you shouldnt stop because of this.

-more to be added later if needed-

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 09:10:54 PM »

the problem is that drakkin was warned i never was unless it was lost in the chat. so monkey u can't win against me on the arguements we have on the forums so u want to take it out on me the only way u have the power to do. yes i'm sorry for blowing us so fast but i'm comming back. add seither and g-unit to NAW's most wanted list. without the possibility for redemption.
superscott
Private

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 10:06:17 PM »

wolfy i hope you stay, you are a good friend and player. EMI i dont belive it should be allowed for a person that dont even play the game anymore to be a mod in anything. there is no reprocution for his actions. he can just go off on whoever he wants to without worryin about any game type concequences. i believe that all mods should be regular players in the game that have at least earned the respectfull title. seither is a worm and has also made me consider quiting the game. signed, kryologic
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 11:58:47 PM »

superscott, I lead g-unit, I'm on every day, sometimes more then you and your buddies (I'm on from around 8am EST-3:30pm EST and then 11:30pm EST-3am EST, so don't even try me, I have no patience for you two right now), so don't you dare tell me I don't play the game. I stated in that opic I was retiring from full fledged playing.

And wolfy, I DID warn you in the chat.

and I don't appreciate being called a worm, cheater, hacker, f**k*r, pregnant dog, sleeper, or any of the other names your ALLIANCE members have been calling me on messenger programs and sending to my email. I was doing my job as it was stated originally. I was not informed that certain cussing was allowed. I apologize if it seemed offensive, as I said, I was doing my job.

Apparently everyone except the mods are allowed to make mistakes. Snipe got a little hot headed and you guys explode at him. I take the original order I was given and am little too strict and now your cussing me out? As you said, it's bull. I admit, I went overboard. But i forgot, onyl donators and people who have been in the top ten are allowed to make mistakes, everyone else makes one mistake and should be IP banned.

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 01:35:25 AM »

let me give u an example of doing your job and yet miss using your power. at the hospital where i work there was a superviser. the new hipaa laws came out to protect patient privacy. she miss used the hippa laws to try and run the show. twisting them to meet her own purpose and be a control freak. she is now jobless for her actions. so to say your doing your job doesn't mean your not miss using your power. so go choke on that one r better yet let me hear another lie from u. cuz i do need the laughs clown boy.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 01:51:41 AM »

I'm sorry Mr. Wolfy but i cannot allow you to leave SO, especially not over such a Lame series of events.
You have a greater obligation to your alliance, and to the rest of us who look up to you. Therefore we cannot accept your resignation and sincerly request that you withdraw it immediatly. i'm not taking sides here as to who wronged whom first or how. it is not the first time this sort of conflict has come up and it won't be the last, so let us move on.
we should not allow these things to dictate our larger actions. so Please, Mr. Wolfy, withdraw your resignation and
stay your course. Please. see i am asking, nicely. we want you here in the game. just look at the big picture , Please.                     
                                                                                      please
 spider2
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:03:11 AM by lostedchylde » Report to moderator   Logged

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: