Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 16, 2024, 01:37:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: grand mothership idea  (Read 3811 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« on: November 11, 2006, 10:22:02 PM »

heheh, ok, well, I was thinking 'you know, normally when you are to attack others, there must be something to give incentive to do that' but I was also thinking, 'now what could that be?'

well, I got it, and it would really make the rest of the game VERY interesting indeed laugh

1: disable segments in everything, but attacking others and extend mothership
2: turn it to no segments are destroyed when attacking others
3: change resupply costs to where the more workshops you have, that much of a ship's cost will be reduced, to a minimum of... 5-10k

a very interesting switch of events indeed...  but one that would more then likely create chaos in the mission system as well...

so instead of #3, you could instead have a new module that:
1: increases max of marines on all ships
2: increases amount of base mining rate (instead of 15 turns for 1 gold, it might be 15 turns for 2 gold, and so on)

either way, the basic idea is make it so the base way of gaining segments is only to get it from other players, then make segments so worthwhile, you will WANT to get as many as you want.  because, I mean, what DO you get for attacking someone right now?
you can get... segments... credits and workers from secret base... and credits from captured ships... exp

captured ships... ok, that works sometimes but I don't think I need go any further on this one *inserts comments from other posts about getting hard to actually capture ships*

secret base... ok, but only if they have VERY large secret base, which isn't worth it at high power lvl

exp... you get a LOT more a LOT faster doing missions and encounters, and bounties

segments... biofarms quickly outgrown, warehouse worthless if you already have so many, and workshop just to make more faster
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 10:27:25 PM »

i have no idea what you mean but yeah i think a lil switcheroo would be good

WARS Account= Overmind
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 11:59:01 AM »

Ars, I really like ur idea :-)

this will surely promote importance of segments :-) - great idea !!!

w/r bb
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 03:45:37 PM »

to boil it down to it's very simplest form (being without all the other possibilities and such) it would be like this:
1: take segment rewards out of everything except for extend mothership and attacking others
  (this included ranking and galaxy encounters, and mothership and galaxy missions)
2: all segments in an attack against someone else is captured, none completely destroyed
  (currently, 1/3 to 2/3 of all captured segments are destroyed, lost to everyone)
3: give the mothership a module that will create a big boost to overall gameplay
  (such as 10 credits off of all resupply costs, per workshop, down to 1000 credits a ship)

this would, in turn, make attacking a mothership much bigger then you a VERY scary, but at the same time very rewarding, proposal.  because the 1 million credit ship to you may only cost 1k to them...

and not to fool anyone here, though, a resupply reduction would also probably greatly influence missions, as well as make swarmers a very distinct possibility of a nightmare.

ex: small swarmer with sheild and defense that costs 21k, would only cost 1k with the help of 2000 workshops

ex2: missions fleets are based off of base costs, which your ships wouldn't be, and insurance is based off of current cost, which would then be different from design to design, as well as from player to player.

an increase in marines would lead to even deadlier boarding attempts... but with current setups, this almost as worthless as it is now

my personal favorite, however, is increase in mining rate, basicly, it may look something like this:
for every 1000 mining modules, you increase your mining rate by 1, so say for every 10 turns and 20k credits you mine 1 gold, instead with 5k mining modules, you would mine 6 gold for every 10 turns and 20k credits.

these minerals would then be MUCH easier to get, thus allowing you to use them more freely on the galaxy items Sir E is working on now (including mining bases to get even more minerals)

I hope this clears some of it up 1

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Squank
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 05:05:00 AM »

Mmm.... I was reading this and found out, I was reading something I really didn't understand and I went, If I can't understand it why am I reading this. I sat there a few minutes and wondered why I was doing that.  Well, I came to a desicion, and thought well that was a waste time. But, I also drank a little bit cause my friend just turned 21 and had to celebrate. 1  So, I will give this a try tomorrow and give a better comment about it 1

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 09:00:01 AM »

With ppl having over a mill segments atm xD

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 02:36:59 PM »

which is EXACTLY why trhis update, if it ever went into effect, should NOT come in the middle of a round, and not a couple weeks after the round starts either (in that case put it in right before it ends)

the reason being, how they got so many segments is through missions, but cut those off, and the ONLY way to get more segments, would be by attacking others, unless you are low enough to extend mothership.  so in reality, all new segments could only come from newbies and low people extending mothership.  it would also mean the more aggressive people the better their chance at winning.

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 06:24:10 PM »

hum I really would like to improve segs importance but making attack on players or grow MS the only options to grow u MS will not improve importance - it sad will make seqs only importand as space for ware houses :-(

prolly not good ...

bb
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 08:33:10 PM »

yes, I agree, only making it harder to get segments (only way of getting them to attack others) would be pretty pointless without the other part of my suggestion.

that being add or change some module of the mothership to give a person with a large mothership a very good boost in gameplay, such as, say, 10 credits off of each resupply cost per workshop, down to so low.

and I say do not do this in the middle of a round like right now because, as one person pointed out, right now some have 1 mil+ segs already, and going off of resupply cost taken off, it would mean they could make 10 mil ships like 1k swarmers, meaning they would not have much competition.

and if you wonder how it would work out, it would be like this:
people with large motherships will naturally rise higher up the rankings, meaning those really high up will have harder time 'feeding' off of lower accounts.  and those lower accounts will be able to grow off of each other.  and everyone will still be able to grow using missions and galaxy missions.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 08:14:44 AM »

Ars, this is a good idea, just as good as the mission multiplier. Those two together would completely turn this game around, maybe people would start coming back to it then.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: