Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 15, 2024, 10:47:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Similar Solutions  (Read 4559 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

ok, with the problem of alts and... something else, can't remember right now  yawn
anyway, this is ideas I got from some other games recently that I personally thought was a good way of doing it.

alts: only 1 account.  however within this one account you may have up to 3 (or so) different players in the ranking.  this will ensure no one has more then 3 player characters to ensure no one abuses it to badly, but will also allow up to 3 family members to play as well (or any other situation such as that)

donations: (I think) you don't want just one person maintaning the site anyway, so have a max donation limit of 50-100$ per week (or month, whatever) this will greatly reduce possible 'abuse' (if you want to say that) by really really rich people (gotta envy those rich people... so rich 10 ) but also make sure it never gets so much, but also let them freely donate any amount they wish below that.

I think it was donations... agh, still kinda sleepy, can't think that straight... should have posted when I thought of it  laugh
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:28:41 PM »

50-100 dolalrs limit a month would still put you way ahead of everyone lol...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 01:44:28 PM »

well 75 turns per 1 US$ atm ... on 100 US$ inclusive bonus thats

12.000 turns ... nice lol

w/r bb
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 02:48:52 PM »

well, it was more of an example, like 50-100$ a week.
besides, are you saying for 100$ a week, I can have 15k turns additional per week?
when normal person will be having 9380 turns in that time?

no, I was trying to keep in mind actual dollar amounts, I'm sure it costs more then that, hence it could encourage more then just one person to donate...

I dunno, there's the duggestion, you people run off with it, like only you guys can, lol.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:35:14 PM »

odds are within a little hwile turn doantion will go abck up to 350, it jsut starts low early in theround, same as credits...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 11:00:14 PM »

ok, if that is true I have a problem witht hat then.  a turn is not like credits, a turn is just as valuable to someone in rank 1000 as it is rank 1, and therefor should never change due to economy size.  lol.  that may be problem right there.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 06:53:15 AM »

I have to say that 75 turns per $ is a good amount of turns and it should stay as it is.  maybe not more than 150 turns when most black holes give 500 turns.  but any more makes it too inviting to just buy the round.  I think turns should be like CPs not go up in value.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 12:27:03 PM »

exactly frank thats what i was saying all last round...

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 06:08:28 PM »

as far as alts.  I have deleted all my alts.  I have talked to a few other commaders and they have deleted thier alts.  now if the rest will follow suit this will be a dead issue.  ars if you what to keep Gunit alive you can get your people back and keep them alive. and the rest of you if you what spies get them dont use alts. you can also create you own personal forums for allies and the like.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 01:10:42 AM »

get your people back and keep them alive... ????  well, right now there are still people in G_Unit, but it doesn't matter, your not going to have any trouble from my alt, lol.  to lazy to do anything with it anyway, lol.

and besides frank, you can't simply do that.  I wish it did, as do a LOT of other games, but if it is going to be alt free, the ONLY way, and I do repeat the ONLY way, is for E himself to make it against rules then strictly enforce it.  you wouldn't BELIEVE the number of people trying to make alts, seemingly for no purpose whatsoever except for JUST to try to get around the rule.

until that happens, or is going to happen, there is literally no real reason to delete them as of yet, especially if they are serving even a small prupose, mind you, I'm only talking about just using them almost as just 'relays' to more easily gather and send info, not actually beiung able to use them as actual accounts.

and Frank, I would just use a forum... but I have yet to see even a great alliance in any game, where everyone uses the forum.  and you may say, 'but that is not G_Unit, that is not Space O' and you may be right...  except that we DO have forums.  in fact, just recently I believe we have just opened up like our 7th forum spot.  and guess what? it barely, if at all, really gets used, and even then, normally it nothing more then to just easily relay ship designs.  besides, the reason I want my alt still there doesn't have to do with that, it has to with if everyone leaves G_Unit, we will have same problem Ancients alliance had when they tried to regroup, specifically getting E to let someone inside the alliance to restart it.

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 03:00:16 AM »

I use my alt to design and build ships in so my main doesnt get cluttered up with a bunch of useless components.

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: