Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 01, 2024, 03:21:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Items project complete  (Read 23499 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: September 18, 2006, 07:18:43 AM »

- Items are available trough the Galaxy contracts, each contract will give an item. Better items are given at higher encryption level.
- Items are viewed trough the items interface screen, it's the picture of a cyber hand in the lower left of the screen, that will open the interface in a new window. Make sure you don't have strict pop-up rules, if the ext chat window works for u then the items interface should also work.
- Item Interface has three parts:
- Item Database, where you can search an item you own, or an item in the game
- Items Available, this is where the items are placed when you gain them, and sorted into bonus categories, clicking a category will open up a list of items own for that bonus. This is also the place to use the items.
- Items Active: This is the place the delayed action items are kept, the items that will only go active once the action they are related to has been triggered, e.g. Warp Travel decrease.

- There are two type of items, instant and delayed. Instant ads a bonus when the item is used.
- The delayed type works like this: When u use the item, it is moved to a waiting Items Active quene. From there, the system will use the selected item when it is needed, e.g.: use 10 x attack items, the next 10 battles you have bonus to attack. So you can use one item that affects one ability at one time, but you can use multiple items to affect multiple values, e.g. use +attack, +defence, etc in every battle. Using multiple items at once will have the benefit of not having to use the items every time you battle, and you can focus more on other things...
- The items in the active quene of someone you are attacking will only be used if the other has fleets to defend himself

Other fixes and inprovements with this add-on:
- Galaxy contracts encryption system works like this now: 15 mission at current level will get to next level, taking a lower level can still take to next level, but it will take longer:
e.g. L2 enc, doing 2 x L1 will count as 1 x L2
L10 enc, doing 10 x L1 will count as 1 x L10
- scouting party that results in ambush will generate a counter
- scouting someone while having a counter on them, and generating an ambush, will take away your counter
- fixed some issues with desinging rounding up values in design room, and geting more or less

God Speed commanders!  12
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 08:11:00 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 07:46:37 AM »

yes the counter thing is well needed
Report to moderator   Logged

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:32:19 AM »

... omg emi.. you took away the most key part to fighting someone, know how can i go into a battle blind?? why did you do this, you need to make some way for people to look at the opposeing ships, so that they can generate a plan to attack.. i never go into battle blind, and know that you did this.. its well another one of them updates, like reducing the intrest, making missions 15 turns, making galaxy missions worthless to most players, and reducing encounters that you added that noone likes..

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 09:03:25 AM »

Well, I'm sure noone likes his fleets killed by endless scout spam... you can send your fleets and scout, and a counter for that information seems fair to me, information always costs 1

einstein
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 11:17:42 AM »

that it correct emi.
information always costs

Northwind Highlanders! Charge!
Victory or Death, every other option is useless
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 12:11:33 PM »

Although I find losing the counter harsh, if I wanna raid someone I first scout get ambushed, and I cant raid anymore. You shouldnt lose youre counter if you scout 10

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 01:25:34 PM »

It's the proce you pay, and ambushes are rare anyway, so it's not like it's going to hapen 7 out of 10 times, more like 1 out of 100 or 1000.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 02:49:40 PM »

actually ambushes are quite common i see them at least 1/3 times...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 06:31:21 PM »

There is a limit on the royalty someone can receive per day from another persorn, very sorry but it was put in to limit the abuse of the royalty feature.

This is in response to the royalty related questions.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 07:00:04 PM »

Design bug is not fixed.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 12:59:26 AM »

I thought royaltie was 2% of the ships hull you make for the person.  the TH make hulls for many of the top 10.  We get riped every time they buy one of thoes ships.  This has been one of the TH sorces of income since this feture was made.  This has allowed the TH to grow without having to resort to destruction of other alliances.  What is this limit now and since the TH is efffected so much how do we get get paid for all the ships we are currently selling.  As it is TH get screwed out of hundreds of trillions in royalties each day with the limit being the donation for $1.  we should have much more per ship that we sell and we are not and now you are even limiting this?  I say make sure the ships being purchased are being fielded.  TH dont mind waiting a few days for our money, to get this problem fixed.  but this limit with teh prices of ships now is just nuts we work hard for our rep and dont what to get screwed even more because a few abuse this.  you can see that most every ship purchase from the TH is fielded and ussed and not used to power boost the TH.  if you are going to limit this at least pay us our 2% per ship.

in response to this latest update all TH designs will now cost an upfrount cost of 10% the cost of the Hull before the sale.  All TH hulls will now become priviate.  that means at least 2,000 designs are now no longer on the market.  we have been getting the shaft for a few rounds on our designs and now with the huge ships being designed now we get nothing not even .0001 % of thier cost and now to make it even worse we are getting even more limits put on our ship design sales.

Thank you for your time and consideration.  I do like the game and you are doing a great job.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 01:09:34 AM by Gunfighter Frank » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 07:06:31 AM »

The royalty limit was placed to limit the abuse of alt accounts beeing feed credits trough the royalty system, but I see your point too Frank, that's why all the Gold accounts will have unlimited royalty. If you have designers in your alliance that are not Gold, and they want the limit removed, they could get gold or receive the credits in other legal ways...

The limit for all non-Gold account is 3 royalty transfers per day for each commander that ever cloned a ship from the designer.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 07:36:22 AM »

E are you saying that we will get the full 2% for our hulls?  or are we still limited to just the $1 donations.  and as far as the gold for more than 3 transfers I can see your point and agree with that. however, since this rule is now in effect I believe we should get the full 2% for the hulls we sell.  Thank you very much for your time and consideration.  and othe opinions on this matter would be appreciated.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 08:45:52 AM »

emi, how about a scout like stated in another post, were people get 100% attack disadantage when ambushed (no attack on your ships with the scout) that means, that there will be no, way people can hurt you with a scout, and there are ONLY to see your oppents ships...

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 10:00:13 AM »

Oh ars idea is awesome wow
I was scared to attack someone because he could destroy my powerships witch decoy, but from the other side its really important to have ability to check oponent ships if you have counter. Your idea could solve that.

I also like new galaxy missions system, now leveling is not ridiculously slow 12
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:07:00 PM by UberPWNZ0R » Report to moderator   Logged

Alright... rip
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: