Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
July 04, 2024, 02:03:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 Commanders List .....  (Read 4169 times)
Chads
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:08:07 PM »

atention  Ive only been playing for a couple of days and the game seems great ... when i saw the top 2 players power they were the same.
I assumed they had rounded off their power points togeather to be balanced so they couldnt destroy each other but i then learnt that its maxed out.
I think it should be harder to get a squizzillon power points or i suggest that the top 5 players regardless of their difference in power should be entered into some sort of reduction scheme! ... ie like a sort of Gods Court where the judge can be like a Q Being (the site Administrators)  ... and their role would be to select some one out of the top 5 to be reduced in power to 6th place or something(why did you pick me type of thing)...

That way bieng in the top five would be very dangerous and maybe players would try and balance more with others instead of getting a gizzillion points and being able to destroy every one .

I dont know how much control you have over players accounts but if you could stop players in some way of wanting to max out then the game wont have to end in a dooms day scenario .... and the balance of power struggles would improve the game .

The gods court scenario is open to administrators creativity .. but again i dont know how much control you have over the game....

Just an Idea ...cheers

Report to moderator   Logged
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:13:20 PM »

Sounds nice but i see one little problem, Dday is the culmination of everybodys hard work, whether they donated or not doesnt matter but if you have only been around a few days then you have not experienced the fun and or anxiety of Dday, it is the final epic battle where the top ten commanders are decided and will reign forever in the halls of fame, everybody playing strives for that, the game needs dday. The whole point of the game is to reach Dday and survive or at least thats how i see it, but its nice to see some ideas coming out....
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 10:45:49 PM »

hope i get top ten again this dday:)

ya the round will end very soon, and everyone will be equal, but watch the same people who got top ten will get it again (if the keep playing) the only way i have ever seen a new member in the top ten is when a member who was in the top ten stops playing, there just good at the game.. if i didnt get swred over so bad by missions and stiubid mistakes i would probaly be around chicpeas power 1

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 04:49:37 AM »

There is a counsil in the works for just such things.  it is on the projects list. if you have read this forum you will see that. it has just not be impemented yet

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 04:59:34 AM »

wow - thats strange ... - if I understand correctly I would be on goodwill by a admin or someone else ... - thats hopefully never will happen ...

w/r bb
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 08:23:18 AM »

No, all that needs to be done is the following:
A)Raise the max power limit WAY up.
B)Limit donations to a certain amount per month, say no more then $20, the price of a gold account
C)Stop all credit transfers from player to player, except royalties, who's limit should be taken away.
D)Make it harder to get up that high, by making it harder to earn the credits or harder to complete ALL types of missions, galaxy or mothership. Make PvP worth more so people actually WANT to attack other people.

Doing these four things will solve a good amount of the problems we are having right now.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 08:53:04 AM »

Remove credits on motherships so that all money is in secret base. Will solve the not profitable attacks. And make boarding profitable aswell again.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 09:06:17 AM »

boarding gives only segments FTP. And no, that would make it so the higher/stronger player can just raid you and take a nice chunk of your money and get even higher while you can't do anything to them. but it's a good idea.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »

I said AND make boarding profitable aswell AGAIN. As due some fixes this roudn boarding is not profitable in anyway. Ships without marines blow up and those with blow up aswell.

If I attack someone alot lower then me, it wont realy be much benefit as he ahs less creds then me aswell..

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 02:31:19 PM »

as far as I can tell, these updates are ALREADY going in, and some are in even right now.
these would include:
galaxy encounters
stash interest limit
galaxy missions

and then still waiting:
council

though I think there are still some more besides though.  basically, it is just went into effect to late to keep people from jumping ahead to much.

a clear cut way of solving it though... try taking out regular missions and only keep galaxy missions for a while again...  that way you almost HAVE to wait for others to catch up.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: